The role of the Committee was authorised by the Board and its main duties are listed below:
- Monitoring the integrity of the financial statements of the Group including its annual and half-year reports, any interim management statements and other formal announcements relating to Sanne’s financial performance. The Committee reports to the Board on significant financial reporting issues and judgements made.
- Keeping under review the Company’s internal financial control systems that identify, assess, manage and monitor financial risk.
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the Company’s external audits, recommending the auditors’ remuneration and assessing their independence and objectivity along with the effectiveness of the external audit process.
- Reviewing and assessing the internal audit function, including oversight of the work of internal audit with steps taken to address findings and improve the control environment.
- Reviewing the adequacy and security of the Company’s arrangements for its employees and contractors to raise concerns about possible wrongdoing in financial reporting or other matters in line with whistleblowing procedures.