Trainee Fund Accountant
Private Debt & Capital Markets
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Debt Division of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Working with the Manager to ensure the completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s, Management accounts and IPD’s;
- Preparation of annual statutory financials statements;
- Assisting with cash management and bank payments and
- Responsibility for all bookkeeping of clients in portfolio.
Skills / experience requirements
- Commerce degree with:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control & code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management accounting;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven and
- Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.