This is a new role, reporting to the Centralised Payment Team (CPT) Assistant Manager.
Primary responsibility is to ensure we meet Client Services, and therefore client requirements, to process and deliver payment instructions to banks in line with expectations, and internal and external (bank) cut off times, for same day value.
- Authorise and release payments that have been input from pre authorised payment instructions.
- Authorise & release pre-authorised batch payment runs.
- Ability to authorise payments across a wide range of on-line systems.
- At peak times assist with the input of payments which will be authorised by an alternative authoriser.
- Liaise with internal business and treasury teams across multiple jurisdictions.
- Identify funds that are suitable for Pooling or FX and advise Treasury who will book the FX or contact the client if required.
- Liaise with contacts at third party banks.
- Resolve more complex payment queries liaising with the client’s bank where necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly MI required by management to ensure the efficient running of the Centralised payment team.
- Ensure that payments are authorised and released prior to the cut-off times for the various banks.
- Support and train new members of the teamAssist with providing information for ad-hoc payments projects and ensure completion in line with pre-agreed deadlines.
- Prioritise urgent payments when required.
- Perform other administrative duties as necessary to support the team and wider business.
- Generally act in the best interests of Sanne by supporting team members.
- Work closely with the CPT team in the Jersey office.
Skills / experience required
- Minimum of one year experience in authorising and release of payments.
- Knowledge of SWIFT routing and formatting.
- Experience of working with online banking systems.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to tight customer driven deadlines.
- Must be able to work as part of a wider team.
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment an advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.