The Fund Accountant will join a growing team providing a full suite of corporate accounting and reporting services to our clients. The role will be weighted towards corporate accounting and financial reporting activities, but will also include basic tax and regulatory compliance including UK VAT reporting and Automatic Exchange of Information reporting, such that the candidate will be involved in all aspects of accounting and reporting for our portfolio of corporate clients.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients and structures to provide day-to-day accounting services, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Supervising trainees and contributing to their development through coaching activities;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the team;
- Working with the administration team to provide a seamless service to clients and to ensure the efficient implementation of new structures;
- Ensuring that all bookkeeping tasks and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner;
- Responsibility for the preparation and filing of UK VAT and CIS returns (training will be provided);
- Responsibility for the preparation and filing of US FATCA and CRS returns (training will be provided);
- Responsibility for the preparation of Management Accounts and Financial Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and UK Accounting Standards (FRS 101 / FRS 102);
- Active involvement for audit planning and implementing appropriate completion milestones;
- Within the accounting and reporting team, contribute to the continuous improvement of the accounting and reporting process designed to provide the highest level of service to our clients;
- Accurate daily time recording and
- Perform other duties to support the Manager and team as may be necessary from time-to-time.
Skills / experience requirements
- Professional accountancy qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and a knowledge of UK GAAP including FRS 102 and FRS 101 is preferable and
- Motivated and driven.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.