A key role within the senior management team that has responsibility for all areas of acquisition including development of the acquisition strategy, communication of the strategy and progress to wider management team, and the execution of that strategy, working collaboratively with internal team members and select external advisors.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with our analysts, advisors, principles and business /integration team representatives
- Research market conditions and developments with a view to devising our M&A strategy and thereafter sourcing potential opportunities for acquisitions, lift outs and mergers
- Develop detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for potential transactions with a view to building the investment case, which also includes strategic fit and synergy identification
- Help drive the debate to make decisions about which transactions to pursue and help build the internal case for approval as necessary.
- Co-ordinate due diligence activity for potential transactions, directing outside advisors and consultants to ensure proper financial due diligence, legal review and documentation and tax structuring is undertaken as well as co-ordinating internal due diligence with subject matter experts
- Lead transaction negotiations and direct our professional advisors to prepare legal documentation as required
- Lead the drafting of head’s of term, sale and purchase agreements, agree transaction timetable and other associated documents that reflect the negotiated commercial terms, in collaboration with the CFO, CEO and other key parties
- Ensure warranties, disclosures and guarantees are clearly articulated and understood by all parties
- Lead the closing of the transaction monitoring progress of any closing conditions, regulatory approvals or financing solutions are in place
- Support the seamless transition to Integration lead upon change of control being achieved
- Develop clear and concise presentations for the executive & Plc audience outlining the investment opportunity, including its strategic fit, financial return, and risk profile
- Ensure regular reporting and updates on M& A activity to Exco and key members of the senior management team
Skills / experience required
- Entrepreneurial and driven by a new challenge
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills presenting well
- Commercial instinct and the ability to perform under extreme pressure and tight deadlines
- First class communication skills with the ability to adapt communications to the audience and simplify complex matters
- Ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate solutions
- Experience of deal origination and execution
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.