Compliance Monitoring and Testing
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing role will sit within the risk management and compliance functions. These functions provide the oversight and the tools, systems and advice necessary to support the first line in identifying, managing and monitoring risks.
Compliance Monitoring and Testing will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Officers as appropriate.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing function is responsible for the timely and effective execution of the Compliance Monitoring Program for Jersey. The individual would have an audit or compliance monitoring/ testing background with a strong risk and control mindset, and is responsible to assess compliance with regulations and policies through reviews.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for effectively planning and executing compliance monitoring reviews;
- Develop testing programs, schedules, execute testing, and ensure documentation of work, queries and results are recorded consistently;
- Evaluate root cause factors for testing exceptions and recommend practical solutions to strengthen processes and controls;
- Record and monitor identified exceptions/ gaps in the internal issue tracking tool;
- Interacting with senior heads of business and compliance as part of scoping, control design assessment, reporting findings and offering solutions to address control gaps or enhance processes;
- Working on several projects at any one time;
- Undertake Themed Compliance Reviews;
- Keep abreast of changing regulatory environment, assess, and recommend amendments to, internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework;
- Respond to enquiries from auditors or other service providers;
- Provide business reporting of results of monitoring plan, exceptions noted and action plan progress towards resolution; and
- Standardise Compliance Monitoring Programs
Skills / experience required
We are seeking an individual to fill the Compliance Monitoring and Testing role with significant experience responsible for conducting, compiling and following up results of the compliance monitoring practices in Jersey. The overall responsibility of this role is to assist Sanne with maintaining compliance with applicable rules and regulations across the four listed jurisdictions and business divisions.
- At least 5 years of audit, compliance monitoring and testing, or relevant Compliance experience;
- Passion for technical compliance and be interested in conducting wide-scale investigating reviews;
- Have a good appreciation of the regulations applicable for fund administration or similar sector e.g. investment management, and willingness to learn;
- Highly detail-oriented, motivated, with outstanding time-management, analytical and communication skills;
- To understand the processes across different business divisions and jurisdictions;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. The candidate should have ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders and control functions;
- Excellent written skills, and ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.