Assistant Team Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Team Manager, for this varied role which has a wide array of responsibilities including managing a small team within the Centralised Investor Due Diligence Team. The role holder is expected to ensure that the activities undertaken are in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements and with Group policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Head of CDD and On Boarding Team the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an exceptional service to our in-group clients based in various locations around the world. The purpose of the role is to ensure all client due diligence meets regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Investor CDD Team;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures and reporting directly to the Head of the CDD and On Boarding Team;
- Ensure that all day to day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the team;
- Track and report on team performance;
- Hold Team meetings, and drive performance;
- Work with other divisions to effectively respond to queries and ensure that the data captured on the core system is accurate;
- Review the output of the team and ensuring quality control and suggest enhancements to output as appropriate;
- Ensure that the team adheres to the required CDD for the type and structure involved;
- Assist the Manager to ensure staff have objectives set, end of year appraisals completed and hold regular 1:1;
- Deal with any investor complaints that may arise, escalating to the Team Manager if necessary.
Skills / experience requirements
- A minimum of five years’ experience working within a financial environment and have strong knowledge of Client Due Diligence and Entity Structures;
- Track record of managing a small team;
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required;
- Detail focused and able to easily identify deviations from agreed process or policy;
- An understanding of Jersey statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements for example Anti-Money Laundering laws;
- Motivated and driven.Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular Excel, Outlook and Word.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.