We are looking to fill the role of Assistant Manager in the Compliance Department to assist the Country Lead Compliance Officer (“CLCO”) to ensure that all the regulated entities are in compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements.
- Assist the CLCO with the establishment of an end-to-end compliance framework, including the drafting of compliance policies, implementing monitoring plans for the financial services providers, compliance reporting internally as well as creating general compliance awareness across the business in line with SANNE Group’s Compliance Standards and Principles.
- In consultation with the CLCO, prepare compliance reporting to the applicable regulators.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of procedures on the identification, reporting and resolution of compliance and regulatory issues.
- Assist the CLCO with the implementation and enforcement of SANNE Group’s compliance strategy in South Africa.
- Perform horizon scanning and monitor conformance with applicable laws and regulations covering diverse fields.
- Analyse proposed new legislation and prepare a summary and communication to the rest of the Compliance Department.
- Perform sampling and monitoring in line with the compliance monitoring plans for the regulated entities.
- Responsible for the Compliance induction training strategy, periodic refresher training and assessments.
- Provide general compliance advice to stakeholders in the business where required.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Provides leadership and management guidance which mirrors the organisational vision and values;
- Set standard for professionalism through exemplary conduct and teamwork at all times to develop and the same in others;
- Ensures professional development plan is in place for self and any subordinates with clear understanding of roles and responsibilities; and
- Builds and develops relationships locally and across SANNE with senior leaders and functional experts.
Skills / experience required
- Relevant tertiary degree;
- Basic working knowledge of the relevant legislation;
- Basic working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering Legislation;
- Experience in the Collective Investment Schemes industry is essential;
- Relevant industry training or qualifications;
- High level of computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Organised and self-disciplined;
- Attention to detail;
- Deadline driven;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team; and
- The ability to work under pressure.