Workflow Payments Co-Ordinator
Group Services - Business Operations
This is a new role, reporting to the Centralised Payment Team (CPT) Manager (Europe), Jersey.
Primary responsibility is to ensure we meet Client Services and therefore client requirements, to process and deliver payment instructions to banks in line with expectations, and internal and external (bank) cut off times, for same day value.
- Critical responsibility for monitoring the payment dashboard ensuring all cut-off times are met by distributing payments in priority order ensuring good value;
- Key point of contact for Client Services to escalate an urgent payment;
- Key point of contact for Treasury in respect of FX and Pooling accounts;
- Performer Reviewer role to authorise payments as required during peak periods;
- Designing, owning, implementing and communicating a resource plan for CPT Europe resource. Resource plan to daily specify individual duties to include the queries and investigation emails and signatory due diligence requests.;
- Monitoring the team productivity at individual and team level and providing data and feedback to line managers on performance;
- Driving continuous improvement approach to enable CPT to provide a high level service, reduce costs and / or increase capacity.
- Assist with managing the relationship with all other divisions who feed payments into the Centralised Payment Team;
- Assisting the Payments Manager to manage the maintenance of payment signatory lists ensuring these are kept up to date and that there is no delay in removing leavers etc;
- Assisting to maintain the relationship with both Business Systems and IT ensuring that any system performance issues, on our internal banking system, are resolved and that any downtime is minimised;
- Maintain relationships with those banks where payments are sent via their on-line banking systems to ensure we are able to resolve any issues in an efficient manner;
- Assist the Assistant Manager to produce regular MI on payment process.
- Co-ordinate, liaise and take ownership of tasks;
- Delegate and liaise with teams across multiple jurisdictions;
- Keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines to meet customer service demands;
- Strong collaboration and inter personal skills to build relationships within CPT and Client Services. Leveraging this to motivate and influence a team to deliver for our clients;
- Experience of a financial services environment and client servicing;
Additional desired experience:
- Understanding of payments industry, payment types and FX;
- Experience of working with a central payments banking package and / or online banking packages;
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment and how it interacts with the payment process;
- Previous experience of inputting and authorising payments.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.