UK Compliance Officer/MLRO
This is a senior role within the Sanne Compliance Team. The role is to ensure that activities of Sanne entities that are regulated in the UK are undertaken in accordance with the regulatory and statutory requirements and in accordance with Group procedures.
The role provides support to the Chief Compliance Officer to deepen the capability and operational reach of the monitoring and testing programmes in the business together with developing the Group compliance network and evolution of the group wide compliance capabilities.
FCA Approved Person Requirement:
- Receive FCA approval to be Head of Compliance (“C10”) for two authorized entities
- Receive FCA approval to be MLRO (“CF11”) for two authorized entities;
- Receiving internal reports of suspected Money Laundering from within the Firm;
- Reporting to NCA;
- Obtaining and using national and international findings;
- Overseeing adequate arrangements within the Firm for Money Laundering awareness and training in line with current legal and regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that AML record keeping arrangements are adequate;
- Making annual reports to senior management about Money Laundering compliance in respect of criminal property, Money Laundering and terrorist financing risks using the standard JMLSG “MLRO Report format”;
- Ensuring that Money Laundering risk is taken into account in the Firm’s day-to-day operations, for example, the development of new services, taking on of new clients and changes in business profile;
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation of the UK entities risk profile in relation to Money Laundering under the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Fourth Money Laundering Directive.
UK Compliance Manuals and Monitoring Plan:
- Annual update Compliance Manuals of two authorized entities for changes in FCA regulations;
- Prepared Annual Risk Based Compliance Monitoring Plan for UK;
- Report on findings of CMP to the UK Boards.
UK Compliance Logs:
- For all UK contracted entities:
- Maintaining breaches and errors log;
- Maintains complaints log;
- Maintains Gifts Register.
UK Board and Group Reporting:
- Preparation of Sanne UK Companies “Risk and Compliance” Report and presentation to Directors in quarterly board meetings;
- Group Compliance reporting MI.
FCA Submissions/Liaison with regulator:
- Undertakes quarterly and annual online (“GABRIEL”) reporting to the FCA;
- Undertakes FCA Approved Persons approvals when required;
- Undertakes FCA VOP approvals when required;
- Maintains file of all correspondence with the FCA.
- Vision and Innovation
- Leading Change
- Influencing and Leading Others
- Customer Expectation
- Risk Leadership
Skills / experience required
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Compliance and/or regulatory role;
- Leadership ability, ability to communicate effectively;
- Familiarity with financial services laws, regulations, and standards, understanding of risk management, and performance improvement;
- Motivated and Driven.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.