Trainee Fund Accountant
The Trainee Fund Accountant role involves preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
The company offers a SAIPA traineeship and this role is eligible for application thereof.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Preparation of portfolio valuations and maintenance of the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including hedge funds, partnerships, etc.);
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Reconciling broker and custodian accounts to underlying records;
- Preparing and maintaining standard operating procedures;
- Establishing excellent client relationships and providing high quality service and productivity;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis and
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required by your Supervisor in support of the on-going management and development of the division.
Skills / experience requirements
- Commerce degree or diploma with at least Financial Accounting 2;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Hedge fund industry knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Structured and detail oriented;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines and
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.