The Trainee Accountant will join a growing team providing a full suite of fund accounting and financial reporting services to our Real Estate fund clients. The role will include financial reporting, NAV reporting and fund administration duties, such that the candidate is involved in all aspects of accounting and reporting services to our portfolio of Real Estate fund clients.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Provide day-to-day fund accounting and financial reporting services to a portfolio of Real Estate clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks;
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP (IFRS and UK GAAP);
- Preparation of NAV calculations, capital call workings and distribution workings of the Funds;
- Liaison with local accountants and/or Property Managers in relation to accounting for property-level transactions;
- Working closely with the Real Estate Funds administration team to ensure that accounting records are accurate and transactions and activity within the portfolio are understood and incorporated into the accounting ledgers as appropriate;
- Preparation of group reporting packs;
- Supporting the audit process to ensure the completion of milestones and deadlines;
- Accurate time recording and
- Perform other duties to support the Manager and team as may be necessary from time-to-time.
Skills / experience required
- Commerce degree with:
Financial Accounting 3;
Auditing 1 or Internal Auditing 2 or Internal Control & Code of Ethics;
Corporate Law 1 or Commercial Law 2 and
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven and
- Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.