Senior Compliance Administrator
As a Senior Administrator in the Compliance Team you will report to the Senior Manager, Compliance and be responsible for a number of important administrative tasks which will ultimately enable the Senior Manager and Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Compliance Officer to provide robust management information to the boards of the SANNE regulated entities.
You may be required to assist with all aspects of the SANNE Compliance Function.
General Compliance Monitoring:
- Organise own workload to ensure that compliance monitoring reviews are undertaken in accordance with the required timeframes, as set out in the SANNE Compliance Monitoring Programme ("CMP");
- Take ownership of allocated tests within the CMP;
- Liaise with the business where required following the results of the CMP test and document any queries raised and ensuring that SANNE employees are requested to respond to the monitoring queries in time to allow the Senior Manager to review;
- Be able to identify any perceived risks to the business highlighted by the CMP, and communicate these to the Senior Manager or Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Compliance Officer;
- Undertake ad-hoc/Themed Compliance Reviews;
- Assist with ad-hoc compliance matters including but not limited to regulatory matters as they arise;
- Assist with the monitoring of internal policies and procedures to identify whether they are being consistently and effectively adhered to;
- Assess and recommend amendments to internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework; and
- Where appropriate, assist with instigating action to remedy any deficiencies in the compliance arrangements.
AML Compliance Monitoring
In addition to the general compliance monitoring duties you will also be required to:
- Assist with the monitoring of compliance with legislation in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and financing of terrorism and the AML / CFT Codes of Practice issued under the Supervisory Bodies Law;
- Assist with monitoring to establish whether the enactments in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and AML / CFT Codes of Practice are being complied with; and
- Assist with the monitoring and testing of compliance with systems and controls (including policies and procedures) in place to prevent and detect money laundering and financing of terrorism.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitor the Compliance email inbox to ensure tasks are allocated and dealt with in a timely manner;
- Assist with the Jersey Financial Services Commission ("JFSC") regulatory annual fees process;
- Maintain the SANNE Compliance Team meeting documentation, taking minutes and updating the sanctions arising log;
- Maintain the SANNE Compliance Team Procedures;
- Collation of supporting statistical information when required from time to time; and
- Maintaining the following registers:
- Conflicts of Interest/Gifts & Business Benefits
- Regulatory Correspondence
- Horizon Scanning/Regulatory Updates
- Assist with other duties to support the Senior Members of the SANNE Compliance Function from time to time;
- Be willing to undertake or assist in any project work that is identified and be willing to get involved with SANNE Group initiatives, liaising with Senior Members of the team as and when required;
- Be able to assist other team members where required;
- Assist with the reviewing of the work of other team members;
- Liaise with SANNE employees on day to day regulatory matters and assist with queries regarding relevant laws, orders or codes of practice;
- Contribute to the development of and provide training to the other members of the SANNE Compliance Team; and
- Assist with the implementation and maintain the Internal Compliance Induction Training Programme.
Skills / experience required
- You will have good understanding of Jersey's financial regulations and AML/CFT Framework and have at least 3 to 4 years' experience with performing Compliance / AML/CFT roles within a regulated financial services business.
- Will either hold or be willing to work towards a relevant compliance qualification (as determined by SANNE).
The followings skills would be desirable for this role:
- Knowledge of the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, any orders issued under the Law;
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice for Trust Company Business;
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice for Fund Services Business;
- Knowledge of the Jersey Anti-Money Laundering legislation and any orders issued under those laws;
- Knowledge of the Handbook for the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism;
- A full awareness of personal obligations and those of the relevant persons under the laws mentioned above as well as the Terrorism Law, the Directions Law, Terrorist Sanctions Measures;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be well organised;
- Have the flexibility and adaptability to undertake a variety of tasks at short notice if required;
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required;
- Be proactive in your approach; and
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.