Senior Compliance Administrator
The Client Compliance function provides the compliance function including the nominated Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the Managed Entities and Jersey Regulated funds to which Sanne provides services.
The Senior Compliance Administrator will report to the Head of Client Compliance and may be required to assist with all aspects of the Client Compliance Function.
You may be required to assist the Head of Client Compliance with all aspects of the Client Compliance Function which provides services to Managed Entities and Jersey Regulated funds. This role does not include line management responsibility. Key responsibilities can be summarised as follows:
General Compliance Monitoring:
- Organise own workload to ensure that compliance monitoring reviews are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Undertaken compliance monitoring reviews for each managed entity and fund;
- Documenting any queries raised as a result of compliance monitoring;
- Liaise with Sanne employees in respect of any queries raised as a result of compliance monitoring raised;
- Ensure that Sanne employees are requested to respond to the monitoring queries in time to allow the reports to be produced in good time ahead of the relevant due date for each managed entity or fund;
- Monitor the completion of any compliance monitoring review points by the team and escalate any that are not resolved within the required period to the Head of Client Compliance;
- Assist with the drafting of Compliance Reports;
- Liaise with Sanne employees on day to day regulatory matters and assist with queries regarding relevant laws, order or codes of practice;
- Undertake Themed Compliance Reviews;
- Maintain documentation to support all review queries raised and all reviews undertaken;
- Assist with ad-hoc compliance matters including but not limited to regulatory matters as they arise;
- Assisting with the monitoring of internal policies and procedures to identify whether they are being consistently and effectively adhered to;
- Assessing, and recommending amendments to, internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework;
- Where appropriate, assisting with instigating action to remedy any deficiencies in the compliance arrangements;
- Assist with the preparation of written reports in respect of each regulated entity or fund’s compliance with the requirements of the relevant laws, orders and codes of practice;
- Assist with enquiries from auditors or other service providers;
- Monitoring the Client Compliance inbox.
AML Compliance Monitoring:
- Assist with the monitoring of compliance of the relevant registered person’s compliance with legislation in Jersey relating to money laundering and financing of terrorism and the AML / CFT Codes of Practice issued under the Supervisory Bodies Law;
- Assist with monitoring to establish whether the enactments in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and AML / CFT Codes of Practice are being complied with;
- Assist with the monitoring and testing of compliance with systems and controls (including policies and procedures) in place to prevent and detect money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- Assist with preparation of appropriate reporting to the board on compliance with the relevant persons systems and controls (including policies and procedures) and issues that need to be brought to its attention.
- Manage own workload as allocated by the Head of Client Compliance in order to ensure that the Client Compliance Function is effective;
- Assist with the peer reviewing of the work of other team members;
- Contribute to the development of the members of the Client Compliance Team.
- Maintain appropriate independence, in particular from customer-facing, business development and system and control development roles;
- Ensure that the required level of CPD is undertaken each year;
- Assist with other duties to support the Head of Client Compliance as may be necessary from time to time.
Skills / experience required
You will have experience in the finance sector and/or regulatory or compliance experience. You will have good understanding of Jersey’s AML/CFT Framework and experience with performing Compliance/AML/CFT roles within a regulated financial services business and will have:
- Sufficient experience and skills which includes, holding an appropriate (as determine by the registered person) compliance or other professional qualification or be studying towards such a qualification;
- Knowledge of the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, any orders issued under the Law;
- Knowledge of the Codes of Practice for Fund Services Business;
- Knowledge of the Collective investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1998 and orders issued under that Law;
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice for Certified Funds;
- Knowledge of the relevant sections of the Code of Practice for Alternative Investment Funds and AIF Services Business;
- Knowledge of the Jersey Anti-Money Laundering legislation and any orders issued under those laws;
- Knowledge of the Handbook for the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism;
- A full awareness of personal obligations and those of the relevant persons under the laws mentioned above as well as the Terrorism Law, the Directions Law, Terrorist Sanctions Measures;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as require and
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.