The Senior Accountant will support a growing team providing a full suite of fund accounting and financial reporting services to our Real Estate clients. The role will include financial reporting, NAV reporting and fund administration duties to our portfolio of real estate clients. The role also includes the development and mentoring of more junior team members.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Provide day-to-day fund accounting and financial reporting services to a portfolio of Real Estate clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks;
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP (IFRS and UK GAAP);
- Preparation of NAV calculations, capital call workings and distribution workings of the Funds;
- Liaison with local accountants and/or Property Managers in relation to accounting for property-level transactions;
- Assist with the Supervision and mentoring of a number of trainee accountants;
- Working closely with the Real Estate Funds administration team to ensure that accounting records are accurate and transactions and activity within the portfolio are understood and incorporated into the accounting ledgers as appropriate;
- Preparation of group reporting packs;
- Supporting the audit process to ensure the completion of milestones and deadlines;
- Accurate time recording and
- Perform other duties to support the Manager and team as may be necessary from time-to-time.
Skills / experience requirements
- CA(SA) (or similar institution) with at least one year post articles experience;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven and
- Minimum of 3 years fund related accounting experience. Real Estate and Funds knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.