Risk and Control Manager
The Risk and Control Manager is a regional member of the First Line of Defence Risk & Controls team responsible for the implementation of, and compliance with, the Sanne Risk Management Framework including inter alia Risk Reporting, Key Risk Indicators, Issue Management and Governance and controls testing.
The role will support the MD of the region in proactively managing risk by identifying, assessing and reporting both risk and controls (adequacy and effectiveness). The role holder will provide timely, accurate and insightful risk MI to senior management in the region that enables the business to effectively manage their material risks to within the Group’s risk appetite.
- Contributing to the development & production of the monthly First Line of Defence Risk Report for the Client Services & Group Services Risk Committee.
- Provision of FLOD Reporting to the quarterly regulated Board(s).
- Contribute to the Identification, design & maintenance of Key Risk Indicators.
- Provide insight and trend analysis on Risk MI to identify emerging issues.
- Responsible for the analysis of regional risk MI and metrics used to inform decision making.
- Secretariat for the regional Risk Escalation Forum.
- Issue Management governance – including the timely recording of new issues, action plans, action updates and issue closures on the Ops Risk Control system.
- Supporting issue and action owners in the business to close control gaps and issues on a timely and robust basis.
- Promote a risk aware culture in the First Line of Defence that supports the pro-active identification and management of risks faced by the business.
- Proactive role model of the Sanne Behaviours and Values.
- Support the roll out of the First Line control testing methodology and framework to all jurisdictions
- Support the Controls Framework Manager in the completion of local controls testing
- Document required control test results, engaging key stakeholders as part of test approval
- Execution of regional control testing
- Identify opportunities for self-testing (on-team testing) and support introduction
- Perform control adequacy and effectiveness assessments following the completion of testing, considering read across opportunities where required.
- Prepare (or contribute to) reports detailing findings, analysis and recommendations and share with key stakeholders in the First, Second and Third lines.
- Report findings to Client Services and Group Services Risk Committee and identify owners for Issues raised.
- Complete local risk reviews as required and input into cross jurisdiction reviews, under the direction of the global Risk Response Director
- Support regional risk escalation process, promoting quality submissions and advising the business teams on risk mitigations and strategies
- Support regional incident, breaches, errors, oversight processes and ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Actively support the Head of First Line Risk in the implementation of the risk framework and the management of risk in the First Line of Defence.
MD Risk and Control Support
- Proactively support the MD in the management of risk and controls in the region
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks in the region and agree strategies with the MD
- Implement Group risk framework initiatives in the region
- Provide risk and controls management expertise and advice for the region
- Actively brief the MD on risk and control matters occurring across the Group
Skills / experience required
- The successful applicant will ideally have experience in the financial services industry, either in a fund administration or risk and control role, and will have:
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage and build relationships at all levels, including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to absorb lots of information and pull out salient points.
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Pro-active approach and a willingness to learn and adapt.