Risk and Compliance Manager
The role is to act as the Risk and Compliance Manager for the New York office. The role holder has a primary reporting line to the Chief Risk Officer and secondary reporting lines to the Chief Compliance Officer and Head of First Line of Defence.
The role is a hybrid role responsible for Risk and Compliance advisory and oversight (Second Line of Defence) and Risk and Control management (First Line of Defence).
The Risk and Control Manager will fulfil the roles of Risk Manager, Compliance Officer and Risk and Control Manager for all clients managed in and contracted through New York.
Risk and Control
- Provide challenge and oversight to the local leadership management of Risk and Control. This includes oversight of local Risk Committees and Forums, challenge of risk based decisions and oversight of local implementation of risk and control frameworks;
- Responsible for the co-ordination of local risk assessments and supporting the Group Reporting and Risk Assessment Manager in the completion of Group Risk Assessments;
- Responsible for providing local input to Group Horizon Scanning;
- Responsible for local risk and compliance training and education;
- Review end to end process controls to ensure appropriate controls in place to address material risks as per risk assessment and remove controls no longer required;
- Responsible for local controls testing and assurance and participation in Group assurance first line testing programmes;
- Provide local inputs to group reporting of risk profile, KRIs, KPIs and Board reporting;
- Responsibility for local risk reporting;
- Provide support to the front line business in identifying emerging issues, risks and control environment gaps and failures;
- Proactive role model of the Sanne Behaviours and Values.
- Undertake the role of Compliance Officer for the Sanne entities in the US;
- Provide reports on a regular basis and as directed or requested, to the Board(s) as appropriate;
- Develops initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal or improper conduct and manage day-to-day operation of this program;
- Responds to alleged breaches of rules/regulations, policies, procedures, by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the Company are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved;
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future;
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, keeps the Board informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts;
- Ensures proper reporting to enforcement agencies as appropriate or required;
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Monitoring & testing Program and relating activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Effectively manage FCR and wider Compliance;
- Ensuring that the required level of own CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is undertaken each year;
- Assisting with other duties to support the Chief Compliance Officer as may be necessary from time to time;
- Work with Group and wider Compliance stakeholders on local and global Compliance matters;
- Regular reporting to both legal entity boards and Sanne Chief Compliance Officer as requested;
- Logging all compliance related issues within the Sanne risk management system and oversee to resolution (if applicable);
- Positive engagement with all business departments to ensure Group issues are being effectively dealt with and progressed through to completion;
- Responsibility to raise and highlight issues to the Group Compliance Officer in a timely manner to ensure PLC Board and committees are fully sighted on issues at an early stage.
Skills / experience required
You will have substantial finance sector experience and excellent understanding of and experience with performing Risk/Compliance roles within a financial services business and will have:
- Sufficient experience and skills ideally across first and second lines of defence;
- A sound knowledge of global Financial Services regulatory and legislative landscape;
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage and build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Proven risk and control reporting experience;
- Experience in controls assessment (adequacy and effectiveness).
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.