Group Services - IT
SANNE is looking for a candidate to fill a permanent role as Network Engineer, assisting the IT leaders in running the network infrastructure on a day to day basis.
- Report to the Global Head of Infrastructure;
- Ensure that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment;
- Provide daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls, VOIP and VPN systems;
- Perform pre-installation site surveys, project planning, equipment replacement, and post-installation support;
- Plan installs and supports hardware and software upgrades;
- Perform advanced troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and provide root cause analysis of network related issues.
- Perform diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocol;
- Gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks, evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances;
- Support a large complex data and voice network infrastructure by using network monitoring and management tools;
- Participate in and respond to system and network incidents;
- Perform system and network analysis by using well defined toolsets for proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and incident response (packet capture, application performance management, syslog, netflow etc);
- Provide technical support leadership on problem calls;
- Minimal travel as required to support troubleshooting and fixing network issues;
- Produce and maintain network documentation;
- Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations;
- Maintain accurate inventory records of the firm's Data Centres and network hardware and software.
Skills / experience requirements
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and solve networking faults efficiently;
- Self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a team;
- Commitment to developing Networking skills;
- Cisco, Network Management, Firewall, Management, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Networking, Technical Support, VOIP, VPN and Wireless skills are desirable;
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, networking or any other related field;
- Certification in networking;
- Ample experience working as a Network Engineer.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.