Manager - Fund Controller
New York, NY
SANNE is a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate administration services.
Established for over 30 years and listed as a FTSE 250 company on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, SANNE employs more than 1,300+ people worldwide and administers structures and funds that have in excess of £200 billion of assets.
As leaders in our field, we deliver tailored fiduciary services to a highly valued international client base through a global network of regulated businesses within 17 leading financial jurisdictions spread globally across the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia-Pacific. We service clients through a number of specialist businesses which are led by directors with extensive asset class and market experience. They in turn are supported by multifunctional teams aligned to the specific requirements of each client, across one accredited platform.
We provide services in private debt and capital markets, real estate, private equity, hedge, institutional, executive incentives, private client and investment treasury services.
Client service is paramount at SANNE. Each client has a lead director who is the single point of contact for the client and is involved in all elements of the client account.
- Fund and Investor Accounting:
- Prepare work paper files including investment activity, management fee calculations, IRR calculation, unrealized/realized waterfall calculations, etc.
- Review fund reimbursable expenses
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Prepare fund financial statements with footnotes and supporting schedules
- Prepare partner allocations and capital account statements
- Understand/review of LPAs, purchase/sales agreement, side letters, etc.
- Coordinate and support the audit for both SSAE 16 audit and fund audit
- Support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Assist with other regulatory reporting
- Responsible for investor and partner queries (i.e. audit confirmation, investor cash flow, IRR analysis, etc.)
- Cash Management and Operations:
- Facilitate and monitor cash movements
- Prepare funding memos for investment purchase, fund expense payment, etc.
- Conduct cash forecasting and budgeting
- Responsible for bank and brokerage reconciliations
- Assist with Ad hoc financial analysis for client
- Assist with credit facility drawdowns for the fund
- Coordinate with investor services team
- Portfolio Accounting:
- Track portfolio company transactions (purchases, income, liquidity)
- Understand complex investment structures (hold co's blockers, tax withholding, etc.)
- Calculate investment IRR
- Accounting for holding companies and blocker entities
Skills / experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in job offered or as an auditor, controller or related occupation.
- Experience in fund accounting with a focus on private equity experience
- Knowledge with LPA or other governing documents
- Experience with waterfall calculations
- Basic knowledge of Level 3 valuation methodologies
- Experience with audit process, including internal control and test of details
- Knowledge of US GAAP with an emphasis on investment partnerships
Our services focus on:
- Fund accounting and financial reporting - Offering exceptional technical accounting and reporting capabilities tailored to the specific needs of structures and clients;
- Governance, management and control - Ensuring statutory duties and governance are undertaken with appropriate diligence;
- Administration of Private Equity structures - Delivering a responsive, client focused administration service.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.