Private Debt & Capital Markets
Reporting to the Associate Director in Jersey covering financial reporting and administration obligations to support the growing team, including the development and mentoring of the team members and providing the highest quality of customer service.
- Managing a specialised services team on all aspects of accounting and reporting to ensure the team and client servicing aspects are run efficiently;
- Manage and supervise a number of fund accountants and trainees who would typically be studying towards professional qualifications. Supervise within the team, including mentoring, training and development;
- Working with the relevant director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements, regulatory requirements and client reporting;
- Review and implementation of entity customer specific procedures in relation to the administration and reporting requirements;
- Act as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
- Ensuring reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements including relevant law, relevant GAAP, including IFRS and other reporting principals;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients;
- Monitor WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the relevant client director;
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts including auditors and third parties and
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
Skills / experience required
- Professional qualification – CA(SA);
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in the finance industry;
- Technically sound and analytical skills;
- Understanding of Luxembourg regulatory and financial reporting regime and UK GAAP (FRS102) will be beneficial and
- Ability to motivate and influence a team.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.