The Assistant Manager / Manager will join a growing team providing a full suite of fund accounting and financial reporting services to our Real Estate fund clients. The role will include financial reporting, NAV reporting and other related duties, such that the candidate is involved in all aspects of accounting services to our portfolio of Real Estate fund clients. The purpose of this role is to account for a complex and varied portfolio of fund structures in conjunction with the Associate Director/Director.
- Prepare and review more complex quarterly and semi-annual management and statutory accounts;
- Preparation and review of complex NAV and NAV per share calculations;
- Preparation and review of more complex fund capital calls and distributions;
- Preparation and review of Investor Capital Statements;
- Undertake investor equalization working;
- Preparation and review of more complex statements and disclosure notes;
- First line review of routine accounting deliverables for Real Estate funds (managements accounts, financial statements, NAV workings, distribution workings, etc.)
- Manage the audit process, maintenance of audit files and communication/liaison with auditors for portfolio clients;
- Liaise and act as the day to day contact with the fund managers and other external parties on portfolio clients;
- Attend board meetings and present financial information;
- Assist in the preparation and review of periodic direct and indirect tax returns and liaise with tax advisers;
- Manage and supervise the junior team members’ workloads and ensure reporting deadlines are being met;
- Coaching, mentoring and supervision of junior team members including setting objectives and their periodic appraisals.
Skills / experience requirements
- 4-6 Years' fund accounting experience in a professional environment (RE and/or PE), supported by a relevant professional qualification (ACCA,ACA or CPA);
- Knowledge of fund administration tasks would be considered as an advantage;
- Knowledge of e-Front or similar industry recognised fund platform;
- People management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise and manage several tasks;
- Cooperative and pro-active attitude;
- Goodworking knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.