Manager, Corporate Secretarial
Corporate & Institutional
Sanne wishes to recruit a forward thinking, articulate, self-motivated and self-reliant individual within its Corporate Secretarial business in Dublin. Sanne provides a range of corporate secretarial, entity management, tax compliance, directors, liquidation and general administration services mainly to investment funds and financial services vehicles. Our clients include a number of leading financial institutions operating out of Ireland, global asset managers, investment fund and special purpose vehicle administrators and stock exchange listed companies. It is essential that the applicant has company secretarial knowledge and experience to discharge the functions effectively and although financial services experience is preferable, it is not a pre-requisite. The role will report to the Director in charge of company secretarial services in Dublin.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Primarily focused on provision of company secretarial and corporate compliance services to a number of Sanne’s largest clients, primarily investments fund structures, and completing all tasks associated with the position.
- Assisting with general corporate compliance including preparation of statutory returns for filing with the Companies Registration Office, Central Bank and Revenue Commissioners, drafting minutes and other corporate resolutions and maintenance of corporate records.
- Organising board meetings to include drafting agendas, collating reports for inclusion in board packs for board meetings, managing the online portal used for
maintaining client records.
- Attending client board meetings and preparing accurate minutes thereafter within deadlines agreed with clients.
- General participation in the achievement of the service deliverables with a positive and willing attitude.
- Initiating and implementing developments and improvements of the SANNE process including potential system strategies and jurisdiction-wide efficiencies for
- Working with the Director to supervise, train and develop junior staff who would typically be studying towards professional qualifications.
- Co-ordinate with the management team that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines.
- Contribute to the overall management of the team and business.
- Enhancing various client relationships on behalf of SANNE across all responsibilities.
- Preparation and implementation of customer specific procedures in relation to the governance and reporting requirements for specific funds.
- Able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts; and
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client relationship meetings, new business pitches and new
Skills / experience requirements
- Qualified or part qualified ICSA or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ company secretarial experience, preferably in the financial services industry;
- Working knowledge of Irish Company law specifically relating to the obligations of Irish companies and the Company Secretary’s role;
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the business in a clear and articulate manner;
- Knowledge of Blueprint and BoardVantage or other equivalent secretarial applications an advantage. Ability and motivation to assimilate new skills particularly willing to learn key company secretarial competencies;
- Excellent communication, written management and organisation skills;
- Team oriented and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ambitious, motivated and driven.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.