The Accountant will join a growing team providing a full suite of accounting and financial reporting services to our Private clients. The role will be weighted towards trust and company accounting activities, but will include financial reporting and basic tax compliance duties, such that the candidate is involved in all aspects of accounting services to our portfolio of Private clients.
- Responsibility for a team of accountants to provide day-to-day accounting services to a portfolio of clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Supervising trainees and the accounts preparers and contributing to their development through coaching activities;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the accounts team;
- Working with the administration team as required for the performance of duties;
- Ensuring that all bookkeeping tasks and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner;
- Responsibility for the review of VAT returns;
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of Management Accounts and Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS and UK GAAP as required;
- Responsibility for overseeing Lenders’ reporting requirements including provision of cash flows, compliance certificates and other reports as required;
- Active involvement for audit planning and implementing appropriate completion milestones.
- Within the accounting team contribute to the continuous improvement of the accounting process designed to provide the highest level of service to our clients;
- Accurate time recording;
- Perform other duties to support the Directors and team as may be necessary from time-to-time;
Skills / experience required
- Professional accountancy qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Understanding of the Companies Act with respect to accounting and audit requirements
- Motivated and driven
- Approximately 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing a team and accounts function
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.