Junior Business Analyst
In order to create an efficient and high performing operating platform, the Business Systems Team delivers and supports the applications layer of our business architecture. Through a mixture of third party and in-house developed applications the team ensures the systems landscape supports the current and future strategic functional needs of the business.
As part of an ever changing environment, Sanne needs to be able to respond to legal or regulatory changes in multiple jurisdictions (including governance or operational processes). We also need to be able to quickly react to developments and opportunities in various markets across the group (including development of new products).
The business systems team supports these requirements through the development of our core in-house systems and through the support and introduction of third party solutions. The role will support the changing business requirements by managing systems driven change projects, providing business analysis support where required and also assisting in the technical configuration of third party solutions.
Working closely with the IT team and key business stakeholders at all levels, the role will be responsible for the end to end management of small projects and for developing requirements specifications in conjunction with key business users as part of larger change initiatives.
- Reporting to the Head of Business Systems, and with some supervision, will take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of changes and new functionality as defined by the change management programme. The role will require liaison with external suppliers as well as internal developers in multiple jurisdictions to ensure the right solutions are delivered to the business, on time and within budget.
- Working to defined processes, and under some supervision, the BA / PM will take responsibility for all of the project delivery aspects, including where necessary package configuration to business requirements, planning, supervising and where necessary carrying out acceptance testing, production of documentation and training programmes.
- Facilitate / participate in workshops with business stakeholders to support the definition of requirements and the development of products and processes. As this is a more junior role there will be some supervision and instruction initially. Work to the defined lifecycle to ensure changes are consistently managed and auditable. Ensure senior management are kept informed through regular updates as required. For larger projects this will include being involved in regular project board meetings.
- Work closely with the IT team where technology change is required.
Skills / experience required
- As a junior role we are looking for a well-motivated self-starter, who is confident, resourceful and quick to learn.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate some aptitude for working with computer systems, and should also demonstrate great communication and people skills as they will need to collaborate directly with the business at all levels and engender confidence in senior and demanding stakeholders.
- The candidate will also be expected to contribute effectively to the Business Systems team. Team members are expected to be innovative, able to give and receive feedback to help the team develop in its efficiency and professionalism.
- We would expect the candidate to be keen to learn new skills and to thrive on change. This will be a challenging role, where the candidate will be expected to work autonomously but under guidance.
- Training in SANNE's standards and lifecycles will be given, with the expectation that the candidate would study for Prince 2 and / or ISEB/BCS Business Analysis qualifications or equivalent.
- Previous experience working either with systems or in the Financial Services industry, whilst not essential, would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.