Head of Client Due Diligence
You will lead the CDD Operations and any project teams as required from time to time in Jersey ensuring that the activities of this global financial services group are undertaken in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements and in accordance with Group procedures.
Report to the Global Operations Director.
You will be responsible for the development of the global operating model and on-going improvements of client due diligence. Providing an exceptional service to our in-group clients based in various locations around the world. The role holder is responsible for (but not limited to) talent retention, Staff training, recruitment, optimising process flows. Actively review financial industry development, Compliance, Risk and information technology. Work closely with the Global Operations Director. The purpose of the role is to ensure all client due diligence meets regulatory requirements. The role will include:-
- Assist in defining Procedures, Guidelines, controls with in CDD operations. This will include ownership of the Dept. Procedures , regular reviews and monitoring;
- Fully understand Sanne's regulatory controls over handling client financial affairs (Money Laundering, Financial Crime)
- Ensuring that team adheres to the required client due diligence for all relationship types that Sanne's on boards and maintains;
- Assist with Internal / external regulator audits. Address any findings relating to CDD Operations;
- Projects - Whether the stake holder or participant of a project ensure that all deadline are met;
- Actively review relevant information Technology and its Risk/ performance in relation to CDD Operations. Where possible, analyse the systems and request improvements;
- Create a culture within the team whereby all staff understand, and are able to locate and observe Sanne's Policy and procedures.
- Ensure that head count is used to the optimum, monitoring work flow and changes in the growth of the business. Future Planning of staff retention/ succession planning and recruitment also need to be undertaken;
- Under take regular reviews with all staff in the department. Ensure that half yearly and end of year reviews are completed in a timely manner and appropriate feedback is given to staff as required. KPI's are to be provided to all department staff. Arrange appropriate training as required. Produce in house training material on On-Boarding for all Sanne group Locations.
You may be required to perform other duties to support the Business as may be necessary from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- You have finance sector experience of 10 years + working within a financial environment and experience in client due diligence;
- A though knowledge of all regulatory requirements in respect of the least JFSC Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of crime Guidance Notes;
- Should possess as a minimum ICA advanced certificate ( AML/Compliance/CDD) or Level 4 qualification;
- You have excellent communication skills necessary for dealing with all overseas locations;
- Be self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required. You work in a methodical and structured way and are able to maintain high levels of accuracy even with significant increases in task volumes;
- Detail focused and able to easily identify deviations from agreed process or policy;
You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular Excel, Outlook and Word.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.