Private Debt & Capital Markets
We are seeking a Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Debt Division of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer services.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Working with the Manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Assist with the Supervision and mentoring of a number of trainee fund accountants;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required in the support of the on-going management and development of the division.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s, Management accounts and IPD’s and;
- Preparation of annual statutory financials statements.
Skills / experience requirements
- Commerce degree with:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control & code of Ethics;
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management accounting;
- Started or interested in starting SAIPA articles;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven and
- Minimum of 2 years fund related accounting experience. Private Debt and Capital Markets knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.