Country Lead Compliance Officer
We are seeking a Country Lead Compliance Officer to take responsibility for overseeing and managing the South African compliance function.
- Act as the registered compliance officer with the FSCA for the two financial services providers for Category I and Category II respectively as well as oversee the Compliance Manager of the Management Company registered in terms of CISCA;
- Act as the registered section 43 compliance officer in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act for the three accountable institutions within the South African group of companies;
- Implement and enforce the Group Compliance strategy in South Africa as communicated by the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Oversee and review the completion of all regulatory reporting and the submission to the relevant regulator as required in terms of FAIS, FICA and CISCA;
- Liaising with the applicable regulators when required;
- Establishment of an end-to-end compliance framework for each regulated entity including the drafting of compliance policies, implementing a monitoring plan for each regulated entity and creating general compliance awareness across the business in line with the broader Sanne Group’s Compliance Standards and Principles;
- Perform horizon scanning and monitor conformance with applicable laws and regulations covering a diverse field;
- Ensure the timeous reporting of compliance risks and incidents within the regulated entities;
- Oversee and assist the implementation of appropriate operational and control procedures to mitigate compliance risk. This includes
compliance related input to the development of new or significant changes to existing services and business capabilities;
- Report on an ongoing basis to senior management on compliance-related issues with a reporting line to the local boards;
- Assist with the promotion of a culture of compliance and awareness within the organisation by inter alia coordinating and implementing compliance projects and training initiatives;
- Provide compliance advice to all stakeholders as well as the resolution of all related queries with clients;
- Oversee the compliance function of the Management Company that includes CIS in Securities and Hedge Funds;
- Manage the performance and deliverables of all the members of the Compliance Department through the Group Performance Management System; and
- Fulfil the function of Supervisor for Compliance Officers under Supervision in terms of a Supervision Agreement.
Skills / experience required
- Legal or Accounting Degree;
- Post-graduate diploma in Compliance Management would be beneficial;
- Certified Compliance Practitioner as recognized by the Compliance Institute of Southern Africa;
- Successful completion of the relevant regulatory examinations, at least RE 1 and RE3;
- A track record of experience of at least 4 – 6 years gained in specifically FAIS, FICA, CISCA and other relevant legislation;
- Track record of experience as the registered internal compliance officer of a financial services provider/s, management company (CIS in Securities/hedge funds) and the registered section 43 compliance officer;
- Communication - Convey information in a clear, concise, and logical manner and communicate persuasively;
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning - Review complex written documents, drawing inferences and developing logical thinking and problem-solving abilities as well as structuring and evaluating arguments.
- Legal Research - Research statutes, regulations and other information and provide concise relevant summaries to the business and the broader Compliance Team.
- Time Management and Organization - Manage time and workloads. A strong work ethic. The ability to juggle competing priorities. Work in an organized manner using efficient filing and data storage techniques.
- Teamwork - Collaborate with others to reach a common goal and coordinating and sharing information and knowledge. Cultivate relationships with colleagues, staff, clients, experts, vendors and others.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.