Company Secretarial Administrator
We are seeking a hardworking, organised, team player and conscientious individual, ideally with some experience in a UK listed company. Reporting to the Company Secretary and working within the Company Secretariat the candidate will assist in plc and subsidiary company compliance matters and the continued evolution of the corporate governance framework.
The successful candidate is likely to be a part qualified ICSA Chartered Secretary.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in his duties to the Board, the Risk and Audit Committee and the Remuneration, Nomination and Executive Committees;
- Collating and circulating Board and committee papers via Board IQ;
- Maintaining the Company’s Stock Exchange Listing and monitoring the related processes and procedures e.g. Director share dealing and insider dealing. Dealing with all aspects of compliance with the Company’s obligations under the Listing Rules, Disclosure and Transparency Rules and all associated regulations including advising the Board where necessary and making all required announcements to the market;
- Assisting in the arrangements in respect of the AGM and EGMs and assist in the drafting the documentation such as Notice and Chairman’s script for these meetings.
- Overseeing the Company’s Registrars and the management of the dispatch of documents to shareholders. Manage voting proxy agency relations and Investor queries;
- Assisting in Corporate Governance and other issues – Ensuring compliance with the UK Code and responsibility for a variety of other governance related matters;
- Supporting the Company Secretary on all matters relating to Directors contracts, fee arrangements and Board Evaluation;
- Assisting with the Performance Share Plan and any Option Schemes - the Group Performance Share Plan dealing with EBT Trustee relationship and governance requirements, grants, exercises and appropriate documentation and the introduction and launch of any new jurisdictionwith share plans. Provide support in ensuring compliance with any jurisdictional securities
laws and exchange control requirements;
- Year End – assisting liaising with Group Finance in respect of subsidiary company accounts and information required for year-end audit internally and by the Auditors. Assist in drafting relevant sections of the Annual Report (inc. corporate governance, remuneration and directors’ reports). Assist in the management and dispatch of documents to shareholders;
- Dividends – assist in the preparation of dividend documentation with the Registrars. Setting dividend timetable and arranging payment of dividends with Group Finance department;
- Acquisitions and Disposals - Involvement in the implementation and integration of corporate acquisitions.
Skills / Experience Required
- Some company secretarial experience preferably gained within a listed company;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent minute taking skills.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.