Corporate & Institutional
Reporting directly into the Head of Division/Directors within the Corporate & Institutional department of Sanne, responsibilities will include supporting the directors in departmental planning, with the goal of enhancing productivity, ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
Working closely with the senior management team, you will be responsible for the management of client relationships, with a particular focus on the development and mentoring of team members, to ensure the provision of the highest quality of customer service.
- Working with directors to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic plans and goals for the department
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Assist in budgeting, monitoring expenses and meeting financial targets
- Assist with the integration process of acquisition entities as and when the need arises
- Development of existing and new client relationships
- Assist in the development and leadership of staff members. Monitor attainment of objectives
- Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating)
- Fulfil duties as assigned by the director
- Generally act in the best interests of the division by supporting team members and promoting the development of the business
- Assist with new business enquiries
- Engagement with client advisors and intermediaries
- Preparation and implementation of client specific procedures
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts.
Skills / experience required
- Professional qualification – ICSA or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant post qualification experience in the finance industry
- Proven experience as assistance director or other similar position
- Sound working knowledge of relevant regulatory laws and quality standards
- Excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem solving
- Ability to motivate and influence a team.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.