Assistant Manager, Payments
This is a new role, reporting to the Centralised Payment Team (CPT) Manager (Europe), Jersey.
Primary responsibility is to ensure we meet Client Services, and therefore client requirements, to process and deliver payment instructions to banks in line with expectations, and internal and external (bank) cut off times, for same day value.
- Working closely with the Payment Manager and workflow co-ordinator;
- Providing Support and direct responsibility for the team to promote the development of a first class payments process;
- Support and manage training schedules;
- Line management for the team including setting objectives and conducting one to one meetings to support the individuals development, skills-sets and knowledge;
- First point of contact for business to escalate an Urgent Payment that is time critical;
- Direct point of contact for Treasury in respect of FX and Pooling accounts;
- Ensuring that all payment queries are resolved in a timely manner and prior to payment cut-off times ensuring the client receives the correct value;
- Assisting the Payments Manager to manage the maintenance of payment signatory lists ensuring these are kept up to date and that there is no delay in removing leavers etc;
- Assisting to maintain the relationship with both Business Systems and IT ensuring that any system performance issues, on our internal banking system, are resolved and that any downtime is minimised;
- Maintain relationships with those banks where payments are sent via their on-line banking systems to ensure we are able to resolve any issues in an efficient manner;
- Assist the Payments Manager to produce regular MI on payment process including; number of payments by system, bank, division, value of payments, queries resolved etc;
- Assist the team by authorising Payments at peak periods;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the development of the division and wider business.
Skills / experience required
- Previous experience of inputting and authorising payments with a proven ability to work as part of a wider team;
- Highly motivated with ability to multitask;
- Fluent in English both written and verbal;
- Experience of line management;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to meet the demands of the various business units the team is servicing;
- Experience of working with both a central banking package and online banking packages either within Sanne or in a similar environment;
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment and how it impacts and interacts with the payment process;
- Ability to motivate and influence a team;
- Ability to travel and work remotely.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.