Centralised Payments Team
Acting as Assistant Manager reporting to the Payments Manager within the Centralised Payments team. Primary responsibility is to assist with the establishment of a new Central Payments Team followed by management and support of the team on a daily basis.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Working closely with the Payment Manger.
- Providing Support for all team members but with direct responsibility for the Inputters(Administrators) and promoting the development of a first class payments process.
- Authorise Payments at peak periods and monitor the volumes throughout the day to ensure all payments are processed prior to cut-off and receive correct value.
- Managing the relationship with all other divisions who feed payments into the Centralised Payment Team.
- First point of contact for business to escalate an Urgent Payment that is time critical.
- Direct point of contact for Treasury in respect of FX and Pooling accounts.
- Ensuring that all payment queries are resolved in a timely manner and prior to payment cut-off times ensuring the client receives the correct value.
- Assisting the Payments Manager to manage the maintenance of payment signatory lists ensuring these are kept up to date and that there is no delay in removing leavers etc.
- Assisting to maintain the relationship with both Business Systems and IT ensuring that any system performance issues, on our internal banking system, are resolved and that any downtime is minimised.
- Maintain relationships with those banks where payments are sent via their on-line banking systems to ensure we are able to resolve any issues in an efficient manner.
- Assist the Payments Manager to produce regular MI on payment process including; number of payments by system, bank, division, value of payments, queries resolved etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the development of the payment team.
Skills / experience requirements
- Previous experience of inputting and authorising payments with a proven ability to work as part of a wider team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to meet the demands of the various business units the team is servicing.
- Experience of working with both a central banking package and online banking packages either within Sanne or in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment and how it impacts and interacts with the payment process.
- Ability to motivate and influence a team.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.