This is a role within the Asia regional business of Sanne to support the Country Lead Compliance Officer (“CLCO”) in developing and maintaining a robust Compliance framework.
The role has a wide array of responsibilities including, but not limited to, responsibility of conducting compliance testing outlined in the Compliance Monitoring Plan for the Sanne entities across Asia and Client entities where we are engaged to provide AML services.
The role may involve some travel to the other jurisdictions in the Asia region.
The Asia regional team provides a supportive, team-based, client-focussed environment that is dedicated towards delivering high quality services to a select group of alternative asset managers.
- Manage and develop the Compliance Monitoring Plan with support from the CLCO;
- Perform the compliance testing across the SANNE Asia jurisdictions and Client entities where SANNE are engaged to provide Compliance functionaries to unregulated Cayman funds;
- Report any test findings to the CLCO who will escalate to the relevant Boards;
- Track remediation of any findings;
- Assist in the Compliance reporting;
- Maintain various Compliance logs in line with AML requirements;
- Work in conjunction with the Group Compliance to ensure Asia is compliant with minimum group standards;
- Support the CLCO where necessary including representation at Internal Compliance forums.
Skills / experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of Compliance experience, preferably with a compliance monitoring background;
- Knowledge and experience in alternative asset and corporate administration services;
- Sound understanding of multijurisdictional financial services regulation and AML guidelines, specifically Cayman Island, Hong Kong and Singapore AML regulations;
- Sound knowledge of customer due diligence requirements;
- Understanding of global corporate structures;
- A keen awareness of risk issues in the context of Financial Crime responsibilities;
- Pro-active, motivated and driven with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate, engage and build relationships across the organisation and externally.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.