Centralised Payments Team
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Centralised Payments Team. Primary responsibility is to oversee the management and support of the team on a daily basis. The role will report to the Senior Manager.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Working closely with the Payments Senior Manger;
- Providing Support for all team members but with direct responsibility for the Inputters (Administrators) and promoting the development of a first class payments process;
- Authorise payments at peak periods and monitor the volumes throughout the day to ensure all payments are processed prior to cut-off and receive correct values;
- Managing the relationship with all other divisions who feed payments into the Centralised Payment Team;
- First point of contact for business to escalate an Urgent Payment that is time critical;
- Direct point of contact for Treasury in respect of FX and Pooling accounts;
- Ensuring that all payment queries are resolved in a timely manner and prior to payment cut-off times ensuring the client receives the correct values;
- Assisting the Payments Manager to manage the maintenance of payment signatory lists ensuring these are kept up to date and that there is no delay in removing leavers etc;
- Assisting to maintain the relationship with both Business Systems and IT ensuring that any system performance issues, on our internal banking system, are resolved and that any downtime is minimised;
- Maintain relationships with those banks where payments are sent via their online banking systems to ensure we are able to resolve any issues in an efficient manner;
- Assist the Payments Senior Manager to produce regular MI on the payments process including: number of payments by system, bank, division, value of payments, queries resolved etc;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the development of the payments team.
Skills / experience requirements
- Previous experience of inputting and authorising payments with a proven ability to work as part of a wider team;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to meet the demands of the various business units the team is servicing;
- Experience of working with both a central banking packages and online banking packages either within Sanne or in a similar environment;
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment and how it impacts and interacts with the payment process;
- Ability to motivate and influence a team.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.