Administrator, Investor Services
The Administrator, Investor Services is primarily responsible for capturing all subscription and redemption instructions accurately and timeously. The associated transaction certificates, monthly and quarterly statements and other regular and ad-hoc reporting will also be produced and distributed. The administrator will additionally produce payment instructions for redemptions.
The Administrator, Investor Services must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments, communicate effectively with internal staff and clients, and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Follow-through skills and time management are critical elements of this position.
The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Maintenance of investor registers:
- Data capture of investor information;
- Process subscription, redemption and transfer instructions;
- Process end of performance fee period transactions:
- Create units for outstanding equalization credits;
- Consolidate series funds;
- Production and distribution of investor statements and investment certificates;
- Servicing ad hoc requests for information;
- Reconcile unitized portfolios to investor records;
- Provide creation/liquidation information monthly and distributing to fund managers;
- Prepare and distribute transaction statements;
- Prepare and distribute month-end statements;
- Prepare and distribute income distribution statements;
- Prepare and distribute provisional and year-end tax certificates – IT3B and IT3C;
- Prepare and distribute ad-hoc reports including quarterly risk reports, fund fact sheets, minimum disclosure documents and audit certificates;
- Record and monitor cessions applicable to investors;
- Establish excellent client relationships and provide high quality service and productivity;
- Ensure that internal and external queries are dealt with timeously and professionally;
- Liaise with internal departments for streamlined workflow;
- Assist the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Perform any additional responsibilities that may be required by the supervisor in support of the on-going management and development of the division.
Skills / experience requirements
- Grade 12 with Accounting or Mathematics (required);
- 1 – 2 years’ experience within the financial industry;
- Knowledge of the different accounting methodologies used in the administration process;
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in processing transactions;
- Effective time-management skills to achieve deadlines;
- Problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work on an agreed flexi schedule and
- MS Office (preferable) with Excel (required).
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.