As part of our group strategy, SANNE's business in Mauritius is the designated Centre of Excellence (“CoE”) for Finance and Accounting.
Role summary and responsibilities
We have exciting opportunities in the CoE for highly motivated and driven Accountants with 5-6 years working experience and demonstrated accounting capabilities. The successful candidates will join a specialist team providing financial reporting services to clients of SANNE including structures which invest into alternative assets, namely Private Equity, Real Estate, Debt and Hedge.
Key responsibilities of Accountants :
- Preparation and review of financial statements in compliance with GAAPs (IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP, Lux GAAP and SFRS);
- Preparation and review of accounting files, including checklists to support the effective review of the financial statements;
- Provide day-to-day financial reporting services to a portfolio of clients and structures, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring of tasks;
- Working closely with our Sanne offices to ensure that accounting records are accurate and transactions and activity within the portfolio are understood and incorporated into the disclosures as appropriate;
- Supporting the audit process to ensure completion of milestones and deadlines;
- Preparation of group reporting packs; and
- Oversee the work of team members.
Skills/ Experience required:
- 5-6 years of working experience in an accounting (preferably practice) or auditing role;
- Holds or has substantially completed ACA or ACCA qualification or equivalent;
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and willingness to gain working knowledge of other GAAPs such as UK GAAP, US GAAP, Lux GAAP and SFRS;
- Experience of accounting for structures holding alternative assets, including Private Equity, Real Estate, Debt and Hedge;
- Experience of writing disclosure notes in financial statements after reading deal documentation;
- Exposure in working with other teams across the globe;
- Well organised and a track record of working to tight deadlines;
- Passionate about financial markets and reporting;
- Attention to details with a strong control mindset;
- Complements formal training with self-learning;
- Has a proactive mindset and can work autonomously with minimal supervision;
- A natural problem solver and pragmatic approach in dealing with technical or operational issues; and
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels and various stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click here.