Sanne offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities for people wishing to pursue a stimulating career in financial services. We recognise and reward success and look for people who are committed, focused and will thrive in a challenging environment.
Our established training programme provides full financial and study support towards qualification with a number of professional bodies, including ACCA, ICAEW and ICSA. We are a platinum level approved employer for the ACCA and an authorised training employer for the ICAEW.
Corporate & Institutional - Manager
Reporting to the Associate Director within the Corporate & Institutional division of Sanne to have responsibility for administration obligations and the management of client relationships to support the administration team, with a particular focus on the development and mentoring of the team members, to ensure the provision of the highest quality of customer service.
– Working closely with the Associate Director/Directors
– Generally act in the best interests of the division by supporting team members and promoting the development of the business
– Operation of client relationships
– Administration of client matters
– Engagement with client advisors and intermediaries
– Manage and supervise a number of administrators who would typically be studying towards professional qualifications. Supervise the administrators within the team, including mentoring, training and development;
– Preparation and implementation of client specific procedures
– Preparation and implementation of client specific procedures in relation to the administration and reporting requirements
- Maintain diary task lists and ensure tasks are cleared on a timely basis
– Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines
– Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients
– Monitor WIP and billing against agreed budgets and report variances to the relevant client director
– Establish, build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts including but not limited to auditors and third parties
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
Professional qualification – ICSA or equivalent
Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post qualification experience in the finance industry
Sound working knowledge of regulatory laws - An understanding of Jersey statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements for example Anti-Money Laundering laws;
Ability to motivate and influence a team
Hold 'Entitled' or 'Entitled to work' jersey status